Thursday, February 10, 2011

Paulette Macarons

A while back, I posted here about a craving I was having for real French macarons, preferably from Ladurée, the venerable Parisian pastry house. Well, it seems that I have the next best thing here in Northern California with Paulette Macarons. Their original storefront may be in Beverly Hills, but their outpost in Hayes Valley in San Francisco is most welcome! On a recent visit there and during a delightful conversation with some French ex-pats who man the counter, I discovered that the head chef at Paulette is one Christophe Michalak, who once worked for Ladurée! I also discovered that the fresh macarons are driven north by truck from their Beverly Hills kitchen each day! Needless to say, the macarons were delicious. Now I know where to go to satisfy my cravings.

UPDATE 11/27/12: Paulette Macarons in San Francisco has become Chantal Guillon Macarons. I can assure you that they are as good as the Paulettte Macarons were.



http://www.paulettemacarons.com/index.html
http://en.christophemichalak.com/index.html

No comments: