Thursday, February 26, 2015

Federico says...


“All art is autobiographical; the pearl is the oyster's autobiography.”
--Federico Fellini


“I don’t like the idea of 'understanding' a film. I don’t believe that rational understanding is an essential element in the reception of any work of art. Either a film has something to say to you or it hasn’t. If you are moved by it, you don’t need it explained to you. If not, no explanation can make you moved by it.”
--Federico Fellini


“I’m just a storyteller, and the cinema happens to be my medium. I like it because it recreates life in movement, enlarges it, enhances it, distills it. For me, it’s far closer to the miraculous creation of life than, say, a painting or music or even literature. It’s not just an art form; it’s actually a new form of life, with its own rhythms, cadences, perspectives and transparencies. It’s my way of telling a story.”
--Federico Fellini


“Life is a combination of magic and pasta.”
--Federico Fellini

No comments: