Thursday, February 1, 2018

"Get Out Of Your Own Way" by U2 at The Grammys

I'm sure you've all seen this by now, but I just have to show some love for Bono's closing spoken word section in this song, "Get Out Of Your Own Way," which features anti-Trump sentiments and a message to us, the people of the United States who have the power to stop The Monster and his kind. For the closing section, Bono played off Trump's recent hateful words--ah, which of the many? you may ask--referring to certain countries as "sh*thole countries."

For the 2018 Grammys, U2 pointedly performed their song on a barge in front of the Statue of Liberty. Ahem...
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"



"Blessed are the sh*thole countries
for they gave us the American Dream.
Blessed are the arrogant
for theirs is a kingdom of their own company.
Blessed are the bullies
for one day they will have to stand up to themselves."

http://www.u2.com

No comments: