Thursday, June 21, 2018

BEAUTY: Clothing--Sadak

Serbian designer Saša Kovačević's label Sadak is new to me and I am quite curious about it from this quirky, askew SS '19 collection lookbook presented during Paris Fashion Week.  I understand that Sadak regularly works with subverting ideas of gender, sexuality, race and religion and the odd details in this collection--ethnic patterns grafted onto traditional men's shirting, ethnic shapes such as kurtas and sarongs, asymmetrical seaming, feminine silk shells and skirts and tunics, and cheeky slogans like "I'm only hot online" and "This is Sadak, This is why I'm broke"--feel so relevant, not only for now, but for the future. Contemplate this collection and I think you will see it is the shape of things to come.


http://www.sadak.de/

No comments: