Friday, July 6, 2018

BEAUTY: Man--Jack Guinness

Jack Guinness is an English model/presenter/DJ/publisher and gorgeous out gay man (and dubbed "the coolest man in London" by GQ magazine) who recently started an on-line source called "The Queer Bible," a resource of gay history. In an interview with The Guardian, Guinness spoke about the genesis of the project.

Guinness unveiled the Queer Bible in December 2017, revealing that, alongside the photoshoots and the parties, he had secretly been working on this project since 2016, when the singer Sam Smith was laughed at for thinking he was the first gay person to win an Oscar. “And he wasn’t even the first gay person to win that Oscar – then he got destroyed online for his ignorance and had to leave Twitter. But I took it as a challenge. I thought, well, it’s tempting to join in mocking the poor bloke, but do I know my own gay history? I looked at the resources online and I felt that there was a gap. And it was this.”

Since coming out, Guinness has unbelievably encountered homophobia--even in this day and age and in such an artistic industry that is often steeped in homoeroticism--and hostility from a past client. But he recalls the words of the late George Michael, and says, “His response to all that was: I don’t want anyone who has a problem with gay people buying my records, they can f**k off! If there are brands out there that have a problem with a gay guy, I don’t want to work with them.”


http://www.jackguinness.com/
https://www.queerbible.com/

No comments: