Ten years ago, I had a dream in which I started a blog called “Oh, By The Way.” When I woke up that morning, I went to the computer and promptly started a blog called “Oh, By The Way.” Seriously--it was the first thing I did that morning, and yes, I often act out in waking life things I have dreamt.
"Oh, By The Way" is my digital scrap book of things I like, things I would share with a close friend and say: “Oh, by the way, do you know of this artist/ clothing or interior designer/ model/ singer/ actor/ gorgeous man… or, have you seen this video/ photo/ film... or heard (or do you remember) this song/ band... or, read this book/ poem/ inspiring quote... or, visited this place/ restaurant/ famous building... or, have you heard of this amazing new scientific discovery?”
And what have people responded to the most over the last ten years? Here are the Top Five posts ranked by individual pageviews:
1) Our returning champion is a post about Nick Wooster at 57,784 hits
2) My essay about Kate Bush's awe-inspiring, profound musical song cycle "The Ninth Wave" is at 33,096 views
3) A post featuring men in interesting, artistic make-up is holding strong at 20,348
4) 12,432 people have ogled the lovely Aaron Taylor-Johnson
5) And a post on the beauty of mature men was celebrated by 6,667
Huh. Who knew?
Followers and regular readers: thank you so much! I hope you find this blog fascinating, beautiful, interesting, moving, inspiring, informative, and uplifting. Welcome to the birthday party. This year I am serving one of talented cake-illusionist Leslie Vigil's cakes which look like succulents (all made from buttercream frosting) in a terra cotta pot. Help yourself to a virtual slice and a digital cup of herbal tea.