Monday, January 16, 2012

BEAUTY: Clothing

I have always overlooked Cavalli because his collections have never appealed to me. In the past, his design sensibility has struck me as sort of trashy... and not in a fun, rock n' roll way, just a plain old, common trashy way. But I must say that I really liked what was shown in Milan; perhaps it is because Roberto's son Daniele is now designing the menswear collection. It all felt so much more refined.

What a great mix of rich velvet and leather, with a few textural knits thrown in--it is a Fall-Winter collection after all! I like the subtle mock-croc embossed jackets, and the beautiful shawl-collared sweater under a blazer (sixth photo). I am also really liking the trend I have seen in many shows toward interesting, unexpected colors for a F-W collection like chartreuse and salmon! But what I am REALLY liking is the fascinating black and white feather pattern featured on jackets, trousers, tee shirts, and other embellishments (photos 3, 4, 5, and 13). It reminds me of the Alexander McQueen feathers of his final season...

http://www.robertocavalli.com/

No comments: