Sunday, November 3, 2013

BEAUTY: Sculpture--Eyal Gever

Sculptor Eyal Gever explains his chilling art succinctly.

From the Artist Statement on his website:

"I create sculptures based on sublime moments. These are moments that fill a person with amazement, awe, terror, astonishment, and silence.
They are also moments of pure beauty.

To see something we normally cannot see. To examine states where rest and motion exist together. To explore the boundaries of time.

My sculptures are created from software I have developed. I am influenced by the destructive impact within our environment. Uncontrollable power, unpredictability and cataclysmic extremes are the sources for my work. They inspire, fascinate and remind me of the constant fragility and beauty of human-life. Beauty can come from the strangest of places, in the most horrific events. My art addresses these notions of destruction and beauty, the collisions of opposites, fear and attraction, seduction and betrayal, from the most tender brutalities to the most devastating sensitivities. I oscillate between these opposites."





The contrast is also helped by the fact that the pieces are executed in highly polished glossy metallics in pretty pastel shades...

http://www.eyalgever.com/

No comments: