Tuesday, December 30, 2014

BEAUTY: Painting--Suzy Murphy

Painter Suzy Murphy says that "the landscape is a vista poignant with spiritual meaning" and it is easy to see--and feel--that in her work. Camping scenes give way to a vastness that hints of a kind of cosmic vibration...

For her recent show entitled "What I Thought I Saw," Murphy explains her early childhood in east London being raised by a large extended Irish family and how that was dramatically--and it seems rather traumatically--contrasted with a move to Alberta, Canada when she was five. The empty landscape made an indelible mark on her that she is still trying to make sense of.


Her show "What I Thought I Saw" at Mead Carney Gallery in London closes January 3, 2015. If you are nearby, stop in.
http://www.meadcarney.com/exhibitions/31/works/

I can't find a dedicated website for Suzy Murphy, but I am sure you can contact her through the gallery.

No comments: