Saturday, March 7, 2015

Currently listening to..

...a marvelous version of Kate Bush's haunting song "Watching You Without Me" (from her epic "The Ninth Wave" song cycle) by her bass player Del Palmer.  Regular readers know I adore Kate and went last September to London to see her phenomenal sold out show "Before The Dawn" in which she performed, in its entirety, "The Ninth Wave." If you missed it, read my exploration of the song cycle here and read my review of her stage show here.

Meanwhile, here is Del's lovely take. This song never fails to rip me apart emotionally. Read my review of the song cycle to find out why.



Look closely in the image above--you can see our narrator's glowing "little light" to the right...lost at sea, but soon rescued...

http://www.delpalmer.com/

No comments: