Thursday, July 23, 2015

BEAUTY: Painting--Jill Sykes

Painter Jill Sykes paints a very simple but utterly enchanting motif, especially for summer: the shadows of plants and tree branches and leaves on a wall. I used to live in a house that had a beautiful bush outside the window of my home office and when the sun shone in, it cast these exact patterns on the wall above my desk. I would get distracted by the subtle movement of the branch in the breeze, and watch for minutes, hypnotized...


http://www.jillsykes.com/

3 comments:

Unknown said...

4 years after the fact I finally stumble upon this lovely post. thank you so much, Jeff!

Jeff said...

Hi Jill, I am assuming this is you even though you are identified as "Unknown"...I still love your work, just lovely!

And the Sycamore House is amazing! Keep up the good work!

Best,
JEF

Unknown said...

hi Jeff - yes, 'tis me. Sycamore House was a great project & there have been a few others since, although none quite so large. working on an updated web site - my January project!!

thank you again - !!

Jill