Thursday, February 10, 2011

DREAM 2.9.11: Midwest Misery

I am with a friend in the Midwest, where it is Spring Break. At a motel, there is a party as well as a bar and restaurant in each room. We are hungry and want burritos so we look for a restaurant that has them. I open a door to one of the rooms and see a regular room that has been destroyed. There is a young woman kneeling on the floor who has been crying. A young man is about to hang himself over the bed. I approach him calmly and coax him down. I tell him to go upstairs to the restaurant and get a burrito, to relax, and then to decide what he really wants to do in life. He does and I stand in the empty room. But in the corner is someone in an inflatable plastic penguin suit lumbering toward me and it makes me nervous.

No comments: