Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Currently listening to...

...a live version of the gorgeous "Cycling Trivialities" by José González with The Göteborg String Theory.
I am back from France now, and I was on an exclusive José González kick the entire time I was there...
His music touches the deepest part of me. It is vital, meaningful, and poignant...and makes me weep.



Too blind to know your best
Hurrying through the forks without regrets
Different now, every step is like a mile
All the lights seem to flash and pass you by

So how's it gonna be
When it all comes down you're cycling trivialities

Don't know which way to turn
Every trifle becoming big concerns
All this time you were chasing dreams,
without knowing what you wanted them to mean

So how's it gonna be
When it all comes down you're cycling trivialities
So how's it gonna be
When it all comes down you're cycling trivialities

Who cares in a hundred years from now
All your small steps, all your shitty clouds
Who cares in a hundred years from now
Who'll remember all the players
Who'll remember all the clowns

So how's it gonna be
When it all comes down you're cycling trivialities

So what does this really mean
When it all comes down you're cycling trivialities
Cycling trivialities
Cycling trivialities

http://www.jose-gonzalez.com/

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Love this song and Jose in general, and have loved all your France posts! Thank you for sharing. Also your beard is excellent, never change it.

Jeff said...

Oh, thank you Caroline! Glad you liked the France photos. I have been to Paris about a dozen times but had never been to the south so Provence was fascinating!

The Paris photos are always a delight to take. We crossed Ponte Alexandre at dawn one morning on our way to the final day of the Edward Hopper show at the Grand Palais... and I managed to capture the glorious orange and yellow sky.

And thanks for the comment about the beard! In the past when I have a had a beard, I kept it trimmed short and neat, but as you have seen here on the blog, I have been inspired by the beard trend:

http://ohbythewayblog.blogspot.com/2012/10/beauty-men-dont-shave.html

http://ohbythewayblog.blogspot.com/2012/09/beauty-men-obey-beard.html

I think I will keep it for a while...

Caroline said...

Several men I work with have also recently grown beards and they all look great! Y'all got the same memo, I reckon.