Friday, April 9, 2021

"People: I Love Your"

In honor of National Poetry Month, I am posting some examples of my work on Fridays in April.
Here is "People: I Love Your."

People: I Love Your

People:
I love your television
I love your disease
I love your ambition
I love your costumes and shoes
I love your freeways
I love your money
I love your blood
I love your home, your floor, your door
I love your computer, your screen saver
I love your outgoing message
I love your book
I love your turn of phrase
I love your mess you leave
I love your animals
I love your snacks
I love your summer blockbuster hits
I love your breathing
I love your bucking
I love your crazy mixed up ways
I love your houses of holy
I love your estimations and invoices
I love your speed
I love your skid marks and screaming
I love your biological creations
I love your scattered precision
I love the way you don’t skip to the end of the book to read the last chapter, the last line, the hurricane come to erase it all, cleanse it all away

© JEF 2020

No comments: