Friday, March 11, 2022

BEAUTY: Painting--Tom Colcord

In his fascinating series Fluidity of Perception, artist Tom Colcord captures the kaleidoscopic sense of how we perceive and recall our experiences and our world. His imagery consists of a collage of places and elements that get put into a blender and remembered in a lump. I can imagine the inner monologue from some of these paintings: Oh yeah, I remember that was the night I went with my friend Christine to a party at her friend Tom's house in an old apartment building on the fifth floor and one of the tenants had a ton of plants by their door and we all got really drunk and went to Chinatown after midnight for something to eat and then decided to drive over the bridge to Marin and we saw a deer with a big rack in the full moon...


Top to bottom: Flood; Gentrification of the Dead; Greenhouse Effect; It's Not Gonna Rain Tonight; Perfect Is the Enemy Of The Good; The Best Place I Could Be In A Strange World; Time I Forgot

No comments: