Friday, September 2, 2022

BEAUTY: Painting--Heather Chontos

I am in love with the dynamic abstract shapes and colors in artist Heather Chontos' works. They bring joy. And for my interior design business, I would love to see her marks translated to fabric so I could use them as drapery panels or upholstery on lounge chairs!

I love how she describes her work and process in her Artist Statement from her site:
"As a painter, I work impulsively, harnessing the power of gestures to create instinctive compositions that combine bold colours, dynamic marks and organic forms. Rather than using brushes or other traditional tools, I apply paint with scraps of plastic, such as hotel-room key cards, or draw and scratch at the surface using the paint tube itself. The fine edges of my chosen instruments allow me to draw long, penetrating lines and create large, highly saturated fields of colour."


And just look at the amazing mural she did in an eating area at her own home in France. Stunning!


http://www.heatherchontos.com/

No comments: