Tuesday, October 10, 2023

"Sh*t Talk" by Sufjan Stevens

Our angel Sufjan Stevens has a new release called "Javelin," dedicated to his late partner, Evans Richardson who died this past April at the way too young age of 43. This sad dedication effectively serves as Sufjan's official coming out. It was always assumed/guessed that Stevens is gay, but this proof is filled with grief. He was also just diagnosed with and is being treated for Guillain-Barré Syndrome. His site says he just got out of acute rehab and is now at home. I am sure his Guillain-Barré Syndrome was exacerbated by his emotional state. I know from experience grief absolutely has a damaging effect to the body. So when I hear this song, "Sh*t Talk" that opens, blossoms, and builds to such a crescendo of emotions, I am heartbroken for him. However, his Instagram posts find him in a very optimistic place, and I send him light and healing.


https://sufjan.com/

No comments: