I believe in the power of labor and work. I believe in the dignity of labor and work. I believe in the power of unions to protect workers from abuse by companies and corporations, and I am a proud union member. Now more than ever in this current political climate, I believe all of these things. I believe in the sense of fairness toward which the human spirit strives. Happy Labor Day!
Standing together with co-workers in a union makes a tangible difference you can feel every day. Here are just a few benefits:
- Workers in labor unions make 18% more in wages than our nonunion counterparts.
- We are more likely to have health care benefits. More than nine out of 10 union members have access to employer-provided health insurance, compared to 68% of nonunion workers, according to the Department of Labor.
- We work in safer workplaces. One study found job sites that were unionized have lost-time claims at a 31% lower rate than non-unionized sites.
- We have more job security—even and especially in moments of economic crisis.
Life is better in a union.
https://aflcio.org/laborday

2 comments:
hi jef! i was a longtime reader long ago, and finally remembered your "i had that dream again" posts that i could search for. very happy to see you seem well and are still posting!! happy labor day.
Hi Caroline! I remember you, thanks for stopping by again! Yes, I am still here and still posting, shouting into the void, lol, and posting for the handful who share my point of view. There's just so much art and music and places and people and buildings, and beautiful things (and sometimes sad things but they matter just as much), etc. and it just keeps coming and I love sharing it.
Happy Labor Day to you too!
Post a Comment