Monday, December 13, 2010

Hotel Kakslauttanen

Oh, how I would love to spend a holiday season at Hotel Kakslauttanen, perched in Lapland, at the northern-most edge of Finland... within the Arctic Circle! In addition to log cabins and traditional igloos, they have a unique glass igloo village where one can relax in bed, in insulated normal room-temperature warmth and gaze up at the Aurora Borealis, or Northern Lights, through the special thermal fog-free glass.

They also have the world's largest smoke sauna and reindeer safaris in the winter! What more could I possibly want?



Here are the log cabins. I can't make up my mind; I might have to stay a night in the glass igloo and then a night in a log cabin!

Visit their website for more information and great virtual tours of the Glass Igloos, Log Cabins, Snow Restaurant, and Snow Chapel.
http://kakslauttanen.fi/en/

No comments: