Tuesday, September 1, 2015

BEAUTY: Photography--Jessica Backhaus

I fell in love with art when I was still a child. Paintings fascinated me. It helped, of course, that my parents bought me a board game called Masterpiece where players participate in auctions of famous works of art. Naturally, the art works on the playing cards interested me more than playing the game itself. And one of the things I noticed early on and that made me intensely interested in art was the way the Impressionists portrayed reflections in water with a few glorious strokes of color, thus imitating how rippling water breaks up a mirror image.

And German photographer Jessica Backhaus pays homage to those Impressionist ripples in her series I Wanted to See the World which was published in book form by Kehrer Verlag, Heidelberg, Berlin. She shows the exact kind of color break and rippling effect that made me fall in love with art to begin with.


http://jessicabackhaus.net/

No comments: