Friday, March 29, 2019

BEAUTY: Interiors--Phillip Thomas

Regular readers may recall I am an interior designer by day, and I love seeing what wild and wonderful schemes my fellow designers come up with. This apartment in Manhattan by Phillip Thomas is marvelous to see for his use of color alone, let alone the delightful de Gournay Deco Monkey wallpaper in that bathroom!

"When my clients and I started working on their first apartment, they said, 'Oh, I think we should do the living room in gray,'" said Thomas. "And I looked at them and said, 'I adore you guys, but you're not gray people. You're full of life, and you need color in your home. That’s who you are.'"

Four years later, the clients hired him again to decorate their new apartment on Manhattan's Upper East Side. "Every home is a snapshot into those people’s lives at a specific point in time," said Thomas. "This time, they wanted to amp it up."

I love the tiger ottoman, the indigo bar, the gorgeous mirror-lacquered ceiling in the kitchen breakfast nook, of course the red library...and that great trick of painting just the edge of a door a contrasting color! Brilliant!


Photos from House Beautiful
https://www.housebeautiful.com/design-inspiration/a26016222/phillip-thomas-new-york-house-tour/

http://www.phillipthomasinc.com/

No comments: