Wednesday, March 25, 2020

BEAUTY: Photography--The Agoraphobic Traveler

As the majority of the world has been ordered to say indoors, The Agoraphobic Traveler has been used to being house-bound and finding creative ways to experience the outside world:

"Agoraphobia & anxiety limit my ability to travel, so I’ve found another way to see the world.

I found a surprising and unique refuge in the creative possibilities of Google Street View. I began clicking through Google Maps to navigate to faraway countries like Mongolia, Senegal, and Chile. I found remote towns and dusty landscapes, vibrant architectural gems, and anonymous people, all frozen in time. I was intrigued by the strange and expansive parallel universe of Street View, and took screen shots to capture and preserve its hidden, magical realms.

Now, for a limited time, Google has given me permission to sell a series of limited edition prints with proceeds going towards charity. With the help of Stories for Good, £10 from each print will be going towards the Brain and Behavior Research Foundation, a global nonprofit organization focused on improving the understanding, prevention and treatment of mental illnesses."


I like the common motif in all these images: a single tree (or pair of tall palms) casting shade in neighborhoods that look to be mostly in Southern California.


To purchase prints, visit The Agoraphobic Traveler's website:
https://www.theagoraphobictraveller.com/

And you can see more here:
https://www.instagram.com/streetview.portraits/

No comments: