Sunday, March 29, 2020

Time For Art

I won't lie, the virus has me worried. Here in Northern California, we are under a stay-at-home order. I have only been out twice for food. Now, my life is normally quite full with my interior design business, and my on-camera and stage acting, as well as my home life and friends. I don't wish to minimize the severity of the current global situation, but experiencing so much downtime has been an interesting experience. It has actually been nice to have a little time to get in touch with some slower creativity (if only it could be under different, less tragic circumstances).

I was cleaning out a corner of my office where I had developed a nice stack of design and shelter magazines, and while leafing through them to see what I wanted to keep, I was struck by individual elements and textures. And I flashed on making some collage art. So I cut out what caught my eye and set to work. I made eight collages over 2 days, and I had a fantastic time doing it. It ended up almost being like meditation...I just did it all by instinct, without much thinking. It was relaxing to lose myself in the process; they sort of assembled themselves. Here are the results.


Top to bottom: The Time Is Now; I No Longer Love Death Valley; The Invention Of The Idea Of Architecture; The Secret Of All Victory; Everything That Rises Just Gets Farther Away; The Lessons Of History Are Ignored Or Forgotten; Bosky Groves Give Way; You Should Have Known

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So creative and beautiful! What a positive response to this dark and despairing time. Thank you, Jeff.