Tuesday, June 9, 2020

BEAUTY: Painting--Stuart Shils

I had some time to make art during our global quarantine (collage, seen here, and some paintings) and I explored a new--for me--color palette that includes lots of pink and softer hues. And I am loving it. So I was excited to find the marvelous painting/collage pieces of multi-media artist Stuart Shils which seem to share my newfound palette! And the cherry on the cake of his art is the evocative, narrative title for each piece. Take a look at the bottom of this post for the names.


Top to bottom: 1967, when my brother larry was at school and we heard the doors and were already reading huxley; 1972, how we felt on the beach the next day in the sun after hearing dizzy gillespie play outdoors at the nice jazz festival the night before; 1972, night swimming at rosh hanikra with a beach fire; 1972, visiting avi near antibes, summer; glimpses of a summer 40 years ago reconstructed together over a long coffee; penelope by the sea at the edge of her reason, the strain of desire and the shadow of love; sacred and profane love; two french summers; visiting phidias’s studio and staying longer than expected; when reuben was a seminarian

https://stuartshils.com/

No comments: