Tuesday, February 13, 2024

"Connecticut" by Lo Moon

Another great track from Lo Moon's new release "I Wish You Way More Than Luck" (see a previous post of the track "Evidence" here). This beautiful, compelling song, "Connecticut" is moody yet resolute.


I hear the voice of my father
Without a shadow of doubt
There's no more hope in the water
I can't believe we've run out
I can't believe we've run out

He said we're cut from the same cloth
Stuck in the same head
If I turned my back I can't pretend you will be there in the end
He said
I wish you were all wrong
Asleep in the same bed
I see the gleaming crown of Connecticut doing 80 round the bend
Now I've got nothing to lose
I've got nothing to prove
I have nothing to lose
Cause it's just an illusion

I know you hear when I talk back
Born in the same bed
Upside down and inside Just like a spider in your web

Now everyone that I knew
Disappeared in a suit
There goes the wonder of youth
What a poor substitute
Are we all disillusioned?
No doubt in my mind
The voice of my father

There's no doubt in my mind
The voice of my father



https://www.lomoonofficial.com/

No comments: