Sunday, August 27, 2017

Snedker Studio's Marbled Wood Flooring

As part of Copenhagen's Snedker Studio, textile designer Pernille Snedker Hansen creates marvelous painted wood floors using the ancient handcrafted art of marbling (the technique used to create classic endpapers for books). By swirling paint onto a fluid surface and dipping planks onto the paint, the marbling design is transferred. As an Interior Designer, I would love to use these gorgeous, one-of-a-kind planks in a project!

Her Refraction Series #1 fits together beautifully and can be configured in a bookmatched pattern...


...and Refraction #2 can be configured into a chevron pattern.


I think her Wave pattern might be my favorite. She says her aim with this technique is to invoke old-growth tree rings and this pattern feels wonderfully organic.


And for some curves, the Arch series creates a pleasing, rhythmic pattern.


Here's how she does it!




http://www.snedkerstudio.dk/

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh my gosh, this is extraordinary.

Jeff said...

Hi Caroline,

I know, aren't they amazing? I just love these floors. I so want to use one of them for a client but I suspect it needs the right room, the right client, and ahem, the right budget! I'll file it away in my head just in case the right combination comes my way!

JEF