Tuesday, July 5, 2022

"Circle 26" by Robert Koch & Foam and Sand

What a glorious piece of music this is: "Circle 26" by Foam and Sand, the ambient soundscape and visual project of award-winning composer and conceptual artist, Robot Koch. The background buzz, the swell of the song, the keening of the violins...it all makes me swoon. The BBC’s Bobby Friction noted of Koch’s music, "It sounds like artificial intelligence discovering religion."


"I started meditating 7 years ago. It’s interesting that meditation and medicine have the same root syllable. Meditating before working on my music resets my brain and helps me access ideas that are layers deeper than my conscious mind. Foam and Sand started as a self-soothing project which I now share with the intention of providing healing and inspiration to others."

No comments: