Friday, September 20, 2024

"Eusexua" by FKA Twigs

FKA Twigs (previously here) is a singular artist. She has conducted her musical career according to her own powerful vision and I respect that immensely. So I am pleased to see her embark on another chapter by releasing a new album, "Eusexua" out January 24th, 2025. The single of the same name has a jaw-dropping video full of her usual high energy, geometric choreography and some incredible clothing (love the leather and steel banded corset, and do I see Rick Owens' inflatable boots in both black and white?). The narrative is self-explanatory.

She offers the following on her IG:
EUSEXUA has been my practice for the years that it has been in creation. it is my opus and truly feels like a pin at the centre of the core of my artist. EUSEXUA was birthed in chicken scratch, written on the back of my hand in a toilet at a rave in prague, ‘this room of fools WE MAKE SOMETHING TOGETHER’ and we do. we rave, we sweat, we kiss, we make love to the booming thud of culture.
EUSEXUA is a practice
EUSEXUA is a state of being
EUSEXUA is the pinnacle of human experience


She is, of course, speaking of a peak experience.


https://eusexua.fkatwi.gs/

No comments: