Tuesday, August 18, 2026
BEAUTY: Painting--Aron Wiesenfeld
I have been appreciating the unsettling work of painter Aron Wiesenfeld for some time now and can't believe I have not shared him with you yet. I love his eerie narratives of a single person in a lone desolate spot, probably in some form of peril ... ... his unease with tunnels and what they mean psychologically is a recurring motif, as is the imagery of people (often adolescents or children) in snow wearing clothing clearly not meant for cold weather. They work like film stills, asking more questions about the spooky circumstances we are seeing than they answer.
Top to bottom: The Wedding Party; Turning Back, Tunnel; Transfer; Train Tunnel; Shell; The Settlers; The River; The Return; The Oathbreakers; Night Grove; Limbo; The Lesson; Hackers; The Garden; Entrance; Border: A Late Arrival
https://aronwiesenfeld.com/
Top to bottom: The Wedding Party; Turning Back, Tunnel; Transfer; Train Tunnel; Shell; The Settlers; The River; The Return; The Oathbreakers; Night Grove; Limbo; The Lesson; Hackers; The Garden; Entrance; Border: A Late Arrival
https://aronwiesenfeld.com/
Labels:
Aron Wiesenfeld,
art,
artist,
beauty: painting,
eerie,
painter,
painting,
spooky
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















No comments:
Post a Comment