Tuesday, July 24, 2018

BEAUTY: Painting--Kellie Talbot

Hot on the heels of my post yesterday about the wonderful art of Seth Smith, here, in which he paints scenes of vintage motels and their pools, here is the work of Kellie Talbot who paints photorealist snippets of vintage neon signs that one would see in front of such motels. Like I said in the post of Seth Smith's work, it all reminds me so much of my childhood and how my family would drive (in a little VW bug!) from Miami to our hometown in New York so we could visit for the summer. Along the way, we would stay overnight at motels with names and signs like these...


Top to bottom: Balboa; Big Bridge; Color; Desert Grove; Fabulous Seven; Q; Sands; Capri Motel; Stardust Hotel; Surf Haven Motel

http://www.kellietalbot.com/

No comments: