Saturday, July 28, 2018

BEAUTY: Painting--Ekaterina Popova

There is something charming, soothing, and sweet about these domestic interior images by Ekaterina Popova. But the longer I look at them, there is something heartbreaking about them too...the intimacy and tenderness...the view of a private place, the kind of place we all have, where we let down our guard, fall asleep and dream. It is a little corner that belongs to us, small and fragile. It recalls Van Gogh's painting of his bedroom in Arles, his floor swept clean, his belongings neatly organized, the little yellow chair next to his bed set just so...these are the things that whisper, "I am me, I only take up this little amount of room, please just let me exist."


Top to bottom: Bedroom Study; Bedtime Stories; First Apartment; Guest Room; Memories Remain; Restful; untitled; Vermont III; Vermont

https://www.katerinapopova.com/

No comments: