Sunday, November 14, 2021

BEAUTY: Porcelain--Jacqueline Tse

Sculptor Jacqueline Tse created her Death By Sugar series in unglazed porcelain without any color because, as she says, "I find color very visually addictive, especially colors on smart phone screens. In the current fast pace digital world where we are constantly bombarded with messages of consumption throughout social media, I wanted to pull away from that distraction so the viewer can be present and focus on the details and form. Hiding behind the enchanting sugar surface are subliminal messages against the over indulgent contemporary society, and how I fell victim to this disease. To bring awareness that our desire for consumption is an escape from ourselves and inner truths. These works are fueled by my personal love-hate relationship with sugar and part memento mori. It is an ode to my obsessive and indulgent nature, childhood nostalgia, love of pastry arts, frustration, and ultimately, acceptance of my addiction to sugar."


https://www.jactse.studio/

No comments: