Tuesday, May 23, 2023

BEAUTY: Painting--Sonya Sklaroff

Regular readers know of my love for painters who use their medium like cake frosting and wow, do I love the work of Sonya Sklaroff. Her views of life in New York City are at once realistic and beautifully Impressionistic. And of course the swirls and gobs of paint thrill me...just look at how she paints the night sky below, with clouds filtering and amplifying the moon light. Stunning.


She sells these gorgeous images at her website below!
https://www.sonyasklaroff.com/

2 comments:

Sonya Sklaroff said...

Thank you for this lovely profile!

Jeff said...

Hi Sonya!

I am always thrilled when artists I admire stop by to say hello.

Your work is indeed beautiful. How you can capture a rain-slicked street at night or the many shades in a snowbank, or as I mentioned in the post, the way moonlight swirls through clouds is just masterful.

Thanks for sharing your talent and imagery with the world. I wish you continued success!

Best,
JEF