Saturday, September 22, 2018

Happy Birthday "Oh, By The Way" 2018!

Congratulations "Oh, By The Way," you are nine years old today!


Nine years ago, I had a dream in which I started a blog called “Oh, By The Way.” When I woke up that morning, I went to the computer and promptly started a blog called “Oh, By The Way.” Seriously--it was the first thing I did that morning, and yes, I often act out in waking life things I have dreamt.

"Oh, By The Way" is my digital scrap book of things I like, things I would share with a close friend and say: “Oh, by the way, do you know of this artist/ clothing or interior designer/ model/ singer/ actor/ gorgeous man… or, have you seen this video/ photo/ film... or heard (or do you remember) this song/ band... or, read this book/ poem/ inspiring quote... or, visited this place/ restaurant/ famous building... or, have you heard of this amazing new scientific discovery?”

And what have people responded to the most over the last nine years? Here are the Top Five posts ranked by individual pageviews:

1) A post about the sartorially splendid Nick Wooster is still king at a whopping 60,935

2) My essay about the spectacular sonic masterpiece "The Ninth Wave" by Kate Bush comes in at 28,475

3) 21,903 people have loved seeing Men In Make-Up

4) Photos of actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson have racked up 15,242 views

5) And gorgeous mature model Andy Lucchesi took over from last year's 5th place winner Jared Leto at 10,027 views Wait, Jared Leto is still 5th place winner at 10,356 views. So close!

Huh. Who knew?

Followers and regular readers: thank you so much! I hope you find this blog fascinating, beautiful, interesting, moving, inspiring, informative, and uplifting. Welcome to the birthday party.

Because I am Italian (well, half), this year we are serving virtual cannoli and zeppoles! Enjoy!

No comments: