Tuesday, January 23, 2024

BEAUTY: Interior Design--Jeff Andrews

Talented interior designer Jeff Andrews created a stunning home for himself and his husband, Emmy-winning casting director Ken Miller. Andrews told California Home and Design, "I care more about this being a home than a showcase...When I design things for other people, I interject my opinion and my aesthetic and my knowledge but I don’t interject my personality. Whereas in creating a home for Ken and I, I had the opportunity to go to a deeper level to make it feel calm but with a certain level of drama that feels comfortable to me."

What I particularly love about his execution of a calm interior is that he achieved his goal without resorting to minimalism. He may have worked within a restrained color palette to create a calm atmosphere, but he celebrated texture and material. I really appreciate his collection of earthy, chunky, artisanal pottery which shows up in every room of the house, along with a wonderful display of abstract art. The result is supremely engaging but not overwhelming.


https://www.jeffandrewsdesign.com/

No comments: